Sunday, September 6, 2009

my man





It was Lenten season when I realized that I’m falling for the man who was courting me and giving me such attention for quite some time. It felt dissimilar to the previous ones. At first it was surreal and then finally at Easter Sunday he asked me that question most girls would want to hear, as ordinary as it could be it was just simple, he held me and said, I love you…. He stands still and waited for my answer, but in a while I didn’t say a single word and he spoke again, do u love me too? I looked into his eyes, and in the top of my heartbeat I said, yes, I love you too…. He hugged me tight like he wouldn’t wanna let me go. He kissed me the sweetest one he could give. We could feel our heart’s sincerity of saying our true feelings for each other. It was April 16 of 2006, the happiest day so far in my life. After two weeks of being together, he had to go. It was my first time to go with him in the airport for his departure. It seemed like He took off my two legs, it was the longest nights of my life that I cry to sleep, I drink everyday to be drunk and avoid feeling the pain of missing him every night. It was the longest days I had in my entire life. He kept calling the first months he’s away to lessen my sadness, and everyday he writes me a letter through my email. Gradually I’m learning to get to my own without him. He never failed to give me advice and food for thoughts for me to hang on, live life and succeed to it, and he never failed to remind me how much he misses me everyday and how much he loves me more and more each day. Without noticing, days flew fast. And one day he surprised me a phone call saying he will be going home soon, he gave me the time and date of his flight back home, knowing it, it was the same waiting, long time waiting. Every hour, I look at my clock and every minute makes me more exited. And when its time to meet again, I couldn’t believe he was standing in front of me again. The man I dream of seeing everyday, of being with everyday, the man I wanted to kiss everyday and the man I would wanna say I love you each moment I’m with him is right in front of me again. Initial reaction? Shocked! And then I came to my senses hugged him and kissed him but still feeling in cloud 9! I could remember how many times I stared at his face and touch it, whispering…. I’ve been waiting for you and I’m glad you are finally here! All day, all night, we spend the day updating on each other. In all problems, we’re there for each other. Of course lovers quarrel takes at the scene but every trial just makes us stronger. It was our first year of being together.
Then the routine of him leaving just takes place. Emails, calls etc. But it seems every relationship has its own rocky road to take. But even challenges come our way we never did lose our respect for each other; hence, we chose to take it silently. But eventually up to the third year of our relationship, we haven’t noticed that our love is getting weak already because we don’t speak out sometimes, with the aim of not hurting each others feelings what we built is a wall that makes me hate him in some ways and maybe him too. I came to the point where I spoke to him about all the hurts I’ve been through with our relationship and I asked him repeatedly why we ended this way. The way both of us wouldn’t wanna happen. I told him everything my heart wants to express. This time he understood me and he agreed to my proposal that we give each other space and distance for awhile. But maybe because we still feel the love for each other, we didn’t stop seeing each other and still do the things we used to do. We agreed on an open relationship when he leave but before he left I could remember how he sang to my ears his song for me, “Lover’s Moon” and how he said I love you…. And until now I could feel our last kiss.
Now, I don’t know what our status is. We still care about each other, he still calls, he still sends me letters but it’s not that often. Just enough letters and calls to let me know that he’s still there.
This is our story and I hope it doesn’t end here. I’m still here waiting for his come back. Even other temptation come around, I know in my heart that there is only one person I love. My One Great Love, My Pa….
Looking forward for December or January, he’s coming home again. I hope and pray we could fix what was broken and we could revive our love for each other. ---punky signing off –13:27H 090609

i love the way that you love me is our original theme song.........

1 comment: